To get to know the system, the first step would be to create your own free Lite account. This will give you the opportunity to look over, set-up, and run through the manuals and tutorials the program offers. Start by going to http://www.easycbm.com and click on the “Register” link button located in the “Teachers Login” box near the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
After you click on the register button, you will be directed to the “Teacher Account Registration” form. Please complete the form, then click the green Register button at the bottom of the page. If your registration is complete the system will let you know. If you do not see this confirmation upon registration, like the example below, you have not created a new account.
The program will only allow one account per email address/username. If your email address is already in use, you already have an account with easyCBM. If the username you choose is already taken, you will need to select another one. If it does not go through
The easyCBM system automatically creates and sends an email to the email address specified during account creation. In most cases, users will receive this email within a few minutes. In some cases, a spam filter may block this email. If half an hour has passed and you still haven’t received the login email, please check your spam filter for the message. If this fails, set your filter to allow emails from: email@example.com.
Getting Acquainted with the easyCBM System
Our easyCBM Lite accounts are free individual teacher accounts that are created and maintained by you, the teacher. The program has a limit of 200 students and provides a progress monitoring system of assessing students in need of supplemental assistance with the testing measures. This usually means students who are functioning below the 50th percentile.
- To purchase a Deluxe Teacher account, create/login into your easyCBM Lite account.
- Next, click on the Admin tab at the top right of the Dashboard page.
- Go to the Account Management section and click on “Manage easyCBM Teacher Deluxe Subscription.”
- Click on the “Upgrade” button in the middle of the page and you will be directed the QuickPAY form in a new tab where you can enter your payment information (which is outlined in the payment guide). Once you click on the QuickPay option you’ll be given the option to pay by either eCheck or credit card. Since we do not accept Purchase Orders or checks in the mail this provides you the opportunity to send your check electronically. When you select the e Check option, all you do is enter your check information online. You do not need to sign-up for a special service or program.
Getting to Know the easyCBM Program
Here is the progression for learning about, setting up, and using the easyCBM system for testing.
1. Resource Tab-To get started, it is best to become familiarized with the program and how to use it. There are tutorials that demonstrate how to administer and record timed student tests. We recommend logging into your account and clicking on the Resources tab. This tab is located in the upper right side of your account dashboard. There are manuals, videos, documents, and tutorials that will help get you acquainted with the program and assist you with getting your account up and running. Teacher’s manuals for both easyCBM Lite and Deluxe give a general overview of the program workings. There is also a “Help” section, found in the upper right-hand corner of your main dashboard, that you can refer to for specific problems and questions.
2.) Setting-Up Your Account-To prepare an account for testing, students need to be added, groups created, students activated within those groups, and tests assigned to those groups. There is a document called Getting Started with your easyCBM Account that walks through the steps needed to complete the set-up.
3.) Testing Students-Students go to a designated portal found under your Measures tab listed in blue (https://app.easycbm.com/+ your username) then select their group name, their name, and then a test to complete. Once tests are completed the program will score and graph the results in the Reports section (student responses entered manually will also be scored and graphed).