DIBELS: We are DIBELS users and find the District version is more than we need. Can the Deluxe version be used with our smaller school?
It does get a bit confusing as both the DIBELS and easyCBM programs originate from the University of Oregon. They are actually two distinct entities. Even more confusing is that DIBELS incorporated easyCBM measures into their system. DIBELS or DIBELS Data System (DDS) was originally developed by the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) while easyCBM was developed by Behavioral Research and Teaching (BRT). This means that data between the two programs is not transferable.
CTL still owns the system but Amplify has recently acquired the DIBELS Data System (DDS) from the University of Oregon. The DIBELS program has entered into an arrangement with Amplify Education, to operate DDS. This means that the partnership with easyCBM Math and easyCBM Reading will no longer be supported by the DDS program after this school year. Amplify now offers their own alternate math and reading assessments.
If you need help with your DIBLES account and your data you will need to contact DIBELS/Amplify support. Here is where you can contact them.
As for the Deluxe version of easy CBM. You can create a Lite account and upgrade through that account to the Deluxe version. Each account has a 200 student limit and several teachers can access this account which has both benchmark and progress monitoring measures.
If you are new to the easyCBM system and want to purchase a Teacher Deluxe account, you will first need to create a free easyCBM Lite account. If you are a Lite user and already have an easyCBM account, purchase the Teacher Deluxe version through your existing account. To create or login to an existing account, go to easyCBM.com. The cost is $49.99 annually and each account has a limit of 200 students total. You have a two week trial period that if you do not find this program fits your needs you can request and receive a refund.
- To purchase a Deluxe Teacher account, create/login into your easyCBM Lite account.
- Next, click on the Admin tab at the top right of the Dashboard page.
- Go to the Account Management section and click on “Manage easyCBM Teacher Deluxe Subscription.”
- Click on the “Upgrade” button in the middle of the page and you will be directed to the QuickPAY form in a new tab where you can enter your payment information (which is outlined in the payment guide). Once you click on the QuickPay option you’ll be given the option to pay by either eCheck or credit card. Since we do not accept Purchase Orders or checks in the mail this provides you the opportunity to send your check electronically. When you select the e Check option, all you do is enter your check information online. You do not need to sign-up for a special service or program.
Here is the progression for learning about, setting up, and using the easyCBM system for testing. The two documents mentioned are attached in this email.
1. Resource Tab-To get started, it is best to become familiarized with the program and how to use it. There are tutorials that demonstrate how to administer and record timed student tests. We recommend logging into your account and clicking on the Resources tab. This tab is located in the upper right side of your account dashboard. There are manuals, videos, documents, and tutorials that will help get you acquainted with the program and assist you with getting your account up and running. Teacher’s manuals for both easyCBM Lite and Deluxe give a general overview of the program workings. There is also a “Help” section, found in the upper right-hand corner of your main dashboard, that you can refer to for specific problems and questions.
2.) Setting-Up Your Account-To prepare an account for testing, students need to be added, groups created, students activated within those groups, and tests assigned to those groups. There is a document called Getting Started with your easyCBM Account that walks through the steps needed to complete the set-up.